When lunchtime rolls around, this fresh and energizing tuna salad bell pepper boat recipe is so quick and easy to throw together!
It’s perfect for both kids and adults and will keep you full and focused all afternoon.
If you or your kids don’t like tuna, you can always use shredded chicken instead.
To make shredded chicken: quickly and easily, add 1 lb raw chicken breasts and 3/4 cup water to an InstantPot. Secure the lid, and cook for 2 minutes at high pressure. Then, let naturally release for 10 minutes before opening.
My favorite way to shred the chicken is by draining out any remaining water from the pot, then using an electric hand mixer (on low!). It shreds perfectly in about 5 seconds!
I love to serve these bell pepper boats over spinach, and with a side of corn chips for carbs and a good crunch.
- 4 (5 ounce) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 2/3 cup+ mayonnaise, to taste
- 1/2 cup celery finely chopped (about 1 rib)
- 3 tablespoons red onion minced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients, and stir to incorporate. Tastes test, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving.