Healthy Grocery Shopping Tour
Grocery shopping for healthy food can be a daunting task, especially with food sensitivities, but it doesn’t need to be! If you’ve ever felt lost or overwhelmed in the grocery store, wondering if the brands/types of food you’re buying are the healthiest or if the savvy marketing on the label is just making you think that…this is for you!
I guide individuals, couples, families, and small groups through the aisles of a local supermarket to relieve this stress by teaching them how to:
- Easily navigate through the grocery store, identifying healthy items in each aisle
- Choose healthier swaps for foods they are used to buying
- Effectively read food labels, and identify hidden allergens, additives, and preservatives
- Stock a healthy pantry and refrigerator so it’s easy to make good snacks/meals
- Discover new foods and how to cook them (vegetables, legumes, whole grains, etc.)
- Learn more about popular food terms mean and if they’re important (organic, GMO, all-natural, etc)
- Save time and money while shopping
- Optional additional topics: Does organic or non-GMO really matter? What does ‘all natural’ mean?
You’ll walk away with TONS of helpful and relevant information based on your specific eating habits and lifestyle, plus LOTS of handouts and templates to use as quick reference and to keep things simple.
Ready to book your tour? Contact me!
Healthy Pantry/Refrigerator Makeover
If you want to change your eat habits to achieve your goals for your health, the best place to start is right from your own pantry and refrigerator. This is the ideal class for those who want to detoxify their kitchen. This is also a great option for those who are newly diagnosed or suspect food sensitivities to things like dairy or gluten…and don’t know where to start.
Change your environment to match your goals, have it work with you versus against you!
During this session we will look at what’s in your fridge and pantry, and I will help you identify which foods can easily be replaced with healthier alternatives that still taste delicious and will nourish both your body and soul. We’ll put together a list of better options for you to buy during your next grocery trip. It’s a lot easier to resist those unhealthy foods when you can open your pantry without seeing many boxes of cookies and bags of potato chips staring back at you, trust me!
You’ll also learn things like:
- Are the foods in my cupboards, fridge and freezer actually good for me?
- What exactly are these ingredients in my food, should they be avoided, why?
- What are good healthier swaps for my favorite foods and ingredients?
- How do I read food labels, and identify hidden allergens, additives, and preservatives?
- What should I have on-hand to keep me full, satisfied, and healthy?
- What are some helpful kitchen tools and gadgets to make healthy meal prep easier?
- How do I safely clean my home, with non-toxic products?
I cater each makeover to your health goals and lifestyle. You’ll also get LOTS of handouts and templates to use as quick reference and to keep things simple.
Ready to book your makeover? Contact me!
>> Group Date Night Cooking Class
In this interactive date night cooking demonstration class, you will enjoy a 3-course, nutrient-packed meal, get to socialize and have a good time with your friends, and walk away with helpful handouts and recipes!
- Enjoy an appetizer, entree with 2 sides, and dessert
- Learn about the ingredients I’ll use (why they’re healthy, ways to cook with them)
- Get tips for how to save time and money making healthy homemade meals, even with a busy schedule
- Participate in the meal prep process by learning some basic knife skills and ways to cut vegetables
- Walk away with handouts containing valuable, specific, and practical information to guide you on how to eat healthy (and why!), the best items to stock your fridge and pantry with, and recipes!
- Have food allergies or sensitivities, or would like to learn more about them? No problem!
- A Certified Health Coach and Certified Personal Chef (me!) preparing your meal and answering your questions
>> Meal Planning & Prep Class
I’ll teach you how to make planning and prepping healthy and delicious meals easy and efficient. Think of all the money you’ll save ditching the take-out and making your favorite foods at home!
Not only will we walk through each step of the process and explore ways to fit it into your lifestyle the best way possible, but we’ll also get hands on and do some meal/snack planning and prep during this session. Hands on and lots of fun! Flexible for all dietary needs.
Ready to book your class? Contact me!
>> Healthy Eating, Living, or Cooking Workshops
I offer fun and interactive 30-60 minute workshops on a variety of topics that help people see how their food, medicine, and lifestyle choices impact their lifelong health and wellness. These can be done in-home for a family, group of friends or neighbors, or at an off-site location like office, retreat, gym, yoga studio, apartment community center, etc.
Topics can include healthy food swaps, basics of how to eat healthy, dangers of sugar, stress management, 6 simple steps to wellness, healthy cooking demos, etc.
Want to book a workshop? Let’s talk about it!
>> Cooking Class/Party
You (and friends if you’d like!) will learn step-by-step how to put together simple, delicious, and healthy food based on your skill level and dietary needs.
We’ll talk about nutrition 101 basics, knife skill lessons, how to eat for achieving your health goals (weight loss, more energy, digestive health, reduce cravings, etc), food sensitivities, or any other topic you’re interested in as it relates to cooking!
This class can include: meals for breakfast, lunches or dinners, snacks, entertaining, eating on the go, the busy family, etc.
Ready to book your class? Contact me!